20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition Application Process
The next 20 in 6 Resident Lecture competition takes place at ACEP18 in San Diego, CA. Watch for details as they unfold here!
WHEN: Date TBD
WHERE: San Diego, CA in conjunction with ACEP18
This Year's Judges
We recruit the best of the best lecturers and teachers in the specialty to judge this competition. We’re
on the hunt now for our new panel of well-known judges. To be announced soon!
- Essentials of EM 2019 Education Fellowship, an experience unsurpassed in medical education! This fellowship is provided by our event sponsor, Hippo EM. Includes all flight and accommodations to Las Vegas, May 14–16, 2019. Want to know more about this fabulous event? Read about the 2019 EEM Conference
- Automatic entry in the ACEP Drop the Mic event at Scientific Assembly following graduation from residency.
- Free one-year subscription to Hippo EM Board Review
- Lots of recognition
- Must be a resident at the time of the live competition (4th year medical students may apply;
graduating seniors are not eligible).
- Must be an active EMRA member.
- You may apply if you were not selected as a speaker in previous years' competitions. Feel free to resubmit
your previous topic or submit a new one.
Sorry, if you were a speaker at last year’s event, you are not eligible to compete this year.
EMRA is unable to assist contestants with expenses to this competition.
- Online submission form that includes a written summary of the proposed topic (less than 250 words)
and up to three written objectives for the lecture.
- Letter of support from Program Director stating that the resident is available and able to travel to the
ACEP18 competition if selected.
- Signed release waiver
- You may submit as many applications as you’d like.
Letter of support and photo release waiver can be
submitted with your first application only; no need to submit copies with each subsequent application.
EMRA’s Education Committee members review and score applications. Fifteen competitors will be elected to present at ACEP18.
We will begin taking applications for the 2018 competition soon. Please come back to apply.