Links to any EMRA Website
Linking to EMRA websites (including but not limited to, EMRA.org, EMRAMatch.org)
Permission from EMRA is not required to link to any EMRA website. Addresses or URLs on any EMRA website may change at any time without notice. Entities and individuals linking to EMRA websites must regularly verify links to web pages. EMRA will not accept requests by other organizations to notify them when any web address will change.
EMRA prohibits entities and individuals from misrepresenting the ownership of EMRA website content. Under this guideline, the following are prohibited:
- Capturing EMRA webpages and redisplaying them under another URL
- Pointing another URL to any EMRA website
- Displaying EMRA web content within frames
- Converting EMRA webpages to some other format (such as Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF), or any image format such as gif, jpeg), and displaying or otherwise disseminating that information via email or another website
- Otherwise misinforming or misrepresenting ownership of EMRA content
Entities and individuals may not create a "gateway" where non-EMRA members can access members-only or otherwise restricted content on any EMRA website. Such actions may include, but are not limited to, creating a webpage or application that logs on to the EMRA site and displays content without causing the original user to login via EMRA's means of authentication.
Certain information on EMRA websites may be trademarked, copyrighted, or otherwise protected as intellectual property of EMRA. In other instances, EMRA has express permission to publish third-party content on the EMRA website. Protected intellectual property must be used in accordance with state and federal laws and must reflect the proper ownership of said intellectual property.
Any link to EMRA websites should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to the EMRA website without any additional action or effort required by the user. EMRA will not engage in any programming or behavior designed to prevent a user from reasonably returning to the original website with a minimum of effort.
Links from any EMRA Website
Links from EMRA websites are provided for convenience and information only, and EMRA assumes no responsibility for their content.
EMRA reserves the right to link to external websites that EMRA feels provide a service to its members.
EMRA makes all efforts to ensure these links to open in new browser windows.
All requests for links from EMRA websites must be submitted to EMRA staff. Each request will be reviewed under the provisions listed in the Website Links Policy.
The Website Links Policy guidelines include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Non-commercial information relevant to EMRA members, emergency medicine residents, medical students, or those who are engaged in a fellowship having completed an emergency medicine residency.
- Commercial links with a stated commercial purpose
EMRA reserves the right to refuse any link request without condition. EMRA also reserves the right to remove posted links on EMRA websites without condition. Specific conditions include, but are not limited to, if the website or website sponsor's:
- Is engaged in any unlawful activity
- Is engaged in any activity incongruous with EMRA's mission
- Is engaged in the sale or promotion of tobacco, alcohol, drugs, or firearms
- Is engaged in the sale, promotion, or display of pornographic material
- Exhibits or promotes hate, bias, discrimination, libelous, or defamatory content
- Offer invasive or intrusive advertising, such as, but not limited to, continuous pop-up windows with advertising, even if it is for products or services provided by the website to which the link pointed
EMRA will also not link to any website or sponsor where such link will violate EMRA's status as a class C nonprofit corporation.
EMRA will not link to any website furthering the political agenda or candidacy of any candidate running in any organization with which EMRA has formal or informal relationships or dealings. Such organizations may include, but are not limited to: AAEM, ABEM, ACEP, CORD, SAEM, or the sections or chapters (such as state chapters) of any such organization.
When the user clicks on the external web site link, he/she must have easy access back to the EMRA website from which he/she originated. One of two options can accomplish this:
- A link to the original EMRA website can be established on the external web site's main page (or such page as the user arrives at and can reasonably expect to find with minimal of effort from within the users site). This condition is waived if the destination site is caused to open, by EMRA, in a new browser window.
- The "Back" button returns the user to the original EMRA website
It is prohibited to create a "forwarding loop" whereby a user would have difficulty in returning to the original EMRA website, for instance if a user were required to press the "Back" button rapidly, many times in a row. This condition is waived if the destination site is caused to open, by EMRA, in a new browser window.
Links may also be removed for the following reasons:
- The link no longer points to the original information or resource to which it was intended to point;
- The website pointed to by the link contains inaccurate or misleading information or has changed such that it is no longer in compliance with the acceptance criteria;
- The web site pointed to by the link violates the conditions for link maintenance;
- Access to the information has become difficult due to non-standard formatting, lengthy download times or intrusive advertising; or
- The link is permanently unreachable or remains unavailable for a lengthy period.
EMRA and the Board of Directors reserves the ultimate right to refuse or permit any website link, irrespective of the above policy.
For questions and concerns regarding the linking policy, e-mail email@example.com.
To request a link be placed from any EMRA website to an external website, please send your request to EMRA by any one of the following methods:
Emergency Medicine Residents' Association
4950 W Royal Lane, Irving, TX 75063-2524
*Print and fax to 972-580-2829