Presidential Leadership Award
The EMRA Presidential Leadership Award is annually awarded by the EMRA President to select leaders for outstanding service to EMRA and on behalf of EM physicians-in-training.
Each year, the EMRA President selects recipients based on service to EMRA.
Date of Inception
The 2020 awardees are:
Erik Blutinger, MD, MSc for his role on two boards, his fierce advocacy, and for increasing opportunities for residents to have a seat at the table with ACEP task forces and committees.
Angela Cai, MD, MBA for her policy work in the era of COVID, and for facilitating the first virtual EMRA conference with short notice.
Omar Maniya, MD, MBA for leading the creation of our new strategic plan and for expanding leadership opportunities.
Jazmyn Shaw for being a fierce advocate for medical students during the changing landscape during COVID to support them matching in emergency medicine through consensus statements, and for her personal guidance.
Greg Tanquary, DO, MBA for keeping members first.
The 2019 awardees are:
- Zach Jarou, MD for his work on EMRAMatch and advocacy against the Standardized Video Interview.
- Thomas Eales, DO for his award winning editorial on gun violence in EM Resident.
- Scott Pasichow, MD, MPH for his passionate advocacy for Emergency Medicine within the AMA.
- Eric McDonald, MD for his tireless service to EM residents within the ACGME RC-EM.
- Nathan Vafaie, MD, MBA for his work studying the future workforce needs of Emergency Medicine.
- Sara Dimeo, MD for creating EMRA*Cast, a new podcast for EM residents.
- Venkat Subramanyam, MD for creating EMRA 45 under 45, a celebration of influencers in EM.
- Nick Salerno, MD for helping develop MobilEM, EMRA’s consolidated on-shift mobile application.
- DJ Apakama, MD, MS for creating a virtual monthly informatics journal club.
- Shyam Murali, MD for innovating EMRA’s simulation resources with CHAOS in the ED.
- Aadil Vora, MD for founding EMRA CaseCon research competition.
- Marc Cassonne, DO for his work on EMRA MEDWAR and for EMRAFying his residency program.
- Mitali Mehta, MD for lending her creative expertise to design groundbreaking and aesthetically pleasing slides for EMRA Quiz Show.
Aug 30, 2019
Alin Gragossian, DO, MPH
Resiliency has a face: In less than 12 months, Alin Gragossian went from being a busy resident planning for a critical care fellowship to being a heart transplant recipient. Then, mere days before resuming “life after transplant” with a return to shifts, her residency program at Hahnemann University Hospital disintegrated
Aug 30, 2019
Andy Little, DO
FOAMed star Andy Little tackles topics from every spectrum of EM. When he’s not teaching on shift you can find him planning weekly conference at Doctors Hospital, podcasting for the show EM Over Easy (one he co-founded in 2016), planning a conference (ALL Ohio EM Conference, CORD, ACOEP, etc.), and mentoring the folks from EMRA*Cast.