Presidential Leadership Award
The EMRA Presidential Leadership Award is annually awarded by the EMRA President to select leaders for outstanding service to EMRA and on behalf of EM physicians-in-training.
Each year, the EMRA President selects recipients based on service to EMRA.
Date of Inception
The 2019 awardees are:
- Zach Jarou, MD for his work on EMRAMatch and advocacy against the Standardized Video Interview.
- Thomas Eales, DO for his award winning editorial on gun violence in EM Resident.
- Scott Pasichow, MD, MPH for his passionate advocacy for Emergency Medicine within the AMA.
- Eric McDonald, MD for his tireless service to EM residents within the ACGME RC-EM.
- Nathan Vafaie, MD, MBA for his work studying the future workforce needs of Emergency Medicine.
- Sara Dimeo, MD for creating EMRA*Cast, a new podcast for EM residents.
- Venkat Subramanyam, MD for creating EMRA 45 under 45, a celebration of influencers in EM.
- Nick Salerno, MD for helping develop MobilEM, EMRA’s consolidated on-shift mobile application.
- DJ Apakama, MD, MS for creating a virtual monthly informatics journal club.
- Shyam Murali, MD for innovating EMRA’s simulation resources with CHAOS in the ED.
- Aadil Vora, MD for founding EMRA CaseCon research competition.
- Marc Cassonne, DO for his work on EMRA MEDWAR and for EMRAFying his residency program.
- Mitali Mehta, MD for lending her creative expertise to design groundbreaking and aesthetically pleasing slides for EMRA Quiz Show.