EMRA’s Representative to the AMA-RFS
Be the Voice of Emergency Medicine within the AMA's Residents and Fellow's Section
The role of the EMRA’s Representative to the AMA-RFS is multifaceted.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Attend AMA’s Annual and Interim meetings as the EMRA/ACEP Rep to the RFS.
- Be an Ex-officio member of the EMRA Board of Directors which includes:
- Attending monthly board phone calls
- Keeping up with board communications on a regular basis (with an expected turnaround time of 48 hours
- Attending the EMRA BOD retreat (January), CORD Conference (March/April), ACEP Leadership and Advocacy Conference (May), and ACEP SA (October
- All other duties as assigned
- Work with EMRA BOD to bring forward policy from EMRA to the AMA and from the BOD to EMRA’s Representative council
- Mentor the next generation of EM leaders within the AMA
- Help the EMRA Rep to the ACEP BOD and the EMRA Health Policy Director in running EMRA’s Policy Academy
- Be available to serve a second year in the role if requested
Emergency Medicine Residents or Fellows. 2 years left in training (including fellowship) preferred, though candidates with 1 year of eligibility with a strong background will also be considered.
Previous AMA experience is not required but will be strongly favored in the application process.
Please complete the form from the link below:
- Letter of Recommendation including commitment to travel from your program director
- Any other letters of recommendation you would like to attach (NONE REQUIRED BEYOND PD LETTER)
- Personal Statement (less than 700 words) to address:
- Plans for the role
- Career plans