Financial Wellness for Graduating Medical Students
As a graduating medical student, you might have a few questions about setting yourself up for financial success. While there are lots of resources out there to help educate you, we are offering an opportunity to hear from Jay Weinberg, a Financial Advisor with 20 years of experience in working directly with emergency medicine professionals.
Jay recently recorded a webinar which covered the following information:
- The Importance of Tax Filing as a 4th Year Medical Student on or before April 15th 2020
- Student Loan Strategies when making the transition from a 4th Year Medical Student to a PGY-1
- Student Loan Interest Subsidies and Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Disability Insurance for Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Home Ownership and Physician Mortgages
- Roth IRA’s
Jay Weinberg is a Financial Advisor with 20 years’ experience that specializes in assisting emergency medicine professionals. He lectures regularly to Medical Students, Residents and Fellows and has clients throughout the country. If you would like to contact him, please email Jay@atlanticpension.com or call (609)432-8862.
Dec 31, 2018
Up, Up, and Away (Rotations)
In a short time we will be starting the brand new year (2019 will be the best yet, promise). For third-year medical students, a new year means the opening of Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VSLO) and the process of applying for and scheduling away rotations. While you still have some time before you have to submit your VSLO application, it is a good time to start doing your research. Below is a quick rundown of how this process will go and some pointers on choosing your rotations.