EMRA Antibiotic Guide
The EMRA Antibiotic Guide
March 15, 2019
In this episode, Dr. Jessie Werner talks to Dr. Brian Levine about the EMRA Antibiotic Guide and how it can improve your practice.
Jessie Werner, MD
University of California San Francisco – Fresno
Fellow - Emergency Medicine Education
Brian J Levine, MD, FACEP
Associate Chief Academic Officer and DIO, Christiana Care Health System
Residency: Christiana Care Health System
Medical school: University of Vermont
In this episode, Dr. Jessie Werner discusses the EMRA Antibiotic Guide with Editor-In-Chief, Dr. Brian Levine. Struggle with choosing the right med to treat that pneumonia? That complicated UTI? Find out how this tool can help you select the right antibiotic for just about any infection you encounter in the ED.
- Choosing the right antibiotic is hard! Rely on this guide to provide the most up-to-date
- recommendations for pretty much any infection you may encounter
- Some new features to the guide:
- Updated antibiograms for local resistance patterns
- Utility of ED tests (urine legionella, CSF, etc)
- Penicillin-allergy algorithm
Aug 31, 2019
Nicole Battaglioli, MD, FAWM
As outgoing ALiEM Wellness Think Tank COO, Nicole Battaglioli has devoted considerable time and brainpower to defining and improving resident wellness. Along with being an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Battaglioli is the CEO/founder of Komorebi Coaching, lover of wilderness medicine, and promoter of super-sheroes.