EMRA Antibiotic Guide
Brian J Levine, MD, FACEP
Associate Chief Academic Officer and DIO, Christiana Care Health System
Residency: Christiana Care Health System
Medical school: University of Vermont
In this episode, Dr. Jessie Werner discusses the EMRA Antibiotic Guide with Editor-In-Chief, Dr. Brian Levine. Struggle with choosing the right med to treat that pneumonia? That complicated UTI? Find out how this tool can help you select the right antibiotic for just about any infection you encounter in the ED.
- Choosing the right antibiotic is hard! Rely on this guide to provide the most up-to-date
- recommendations for pretty much any infection you may encounter
- Some new features to the guide:
- Updated antibiograms for local resistance patterns
- Utility of ED tests (urine legionella, CSF, etc)
- Penicillin-allergy algorithm
Aug 25, 2017
The Emergency Medicine Residents' Association EMRA is the voice of emergency medicine physicians-in-training and the future of our specialty and the largest and oldest independent resident organization in the world. EMRA was founded in 1974 and today has a membership over 18,000 residents, medical students, and alumni.