Show Notes - First Day of Residency. Now What?
Flashback Friday: First Day of Residency -- Now What?
Originally published: December 15, 2018
Dr. Isaac Agboola along with a group interns from across the country approach how to navigate the challenging parts of residency outside of just the basic science.
Isaac Agboola, MD, MS
Yale New Haven Medical Center
On this episode, Isaac is joined by an illustrious cast of interns from all across the country to discuss the other side of residency outside of the science. This is the Resident Survival Guide, addressing the new and challenging aspects of transitioning from being a medical student to now being someone’s physician. “How to deal with uncertainty?”,“Resident wellness”, “Disposition indecision”, “How to deal with a difficulty attending”, “End of life discussions” etc.
- Residency is hard…. for everyone.
- Sometimes the best lessons come from people who aren’t your attendings.
- Every shift make a goal of something to improve on.
- Wellness is as wellness does. Do what makes you happy and keeps you balanced.
- Lean on your co-residents they can be your greatest support system.
References / Resources
Aug 25, 2017
The Emergency Medicine Residents' Association EMRA is the voice of emergency medicine physicians-in-training and the future of our specialty and the largest and oldest independent resident organization in the world. EMRA was founded in 1974 and today has a membership over 18,000 residents, medical students, and alumni.