20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition
The next 20 in 6 Resident Lecture competition takes place at ACEP20 in Dallas, TX. Watch for details as they unfold here!
WHEN : October 2020 (Date TBD)
WHERE : Dallas, TX in conjunction with ACEP20
2020 20 in 6 Resident Lecturers
- Sophia Gorgens, MD, Zucker SOM-Northwell LIJ
- Rebecca Kreston, MD, University of Illinois Hospital - Chicago
- Brian Sumner, MD, Mount Sinai Morningside - West
- Katie VanNatta, DO, Midwestern University / Franciscan Health
- Reginald Severe, MD, Boston Medical Center
- Dan Keller, MD, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Zeinab Shafie-Khorassani, DO, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center
- Sarah Carpenter, MD, Boston Medical Center
- Clementine Stowe-Daniel, DO, LSU Baton Rouge
- Chelsea Ausman, MD, Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
- Jordan Lawson, DO, University of South Carolina at Greenville
- First Place: Tim Montrief - Jackson Memorial Hospital, “Breaking Bad: Harm Reduction in the E.D.”
- Second Place: : Janel Paukovits - University Hospital, “Out of pocket, out of luck!”
- Third Place: Madeline Brockberg - Boston Medical Center, “Do I Sound Like A Girl?”
- Must be a resident at the time of the live competition (4th year medical students may apply; graduating seniors are not eligible)
- Must be an active EMRA member
- You may apply if you were not selected as a speaker in previous years' competitions. Feel free to resubmit your previous topic or submit a new one
Sorry, if you were a speaker at last year’s event, you are not eligible to compete this year.
EMRA is unable to assist contestants with expenses to this competition.
- Online submission form that includes a written summary of the proposed topic (less than 250 words) and up to three written objectives for the lecture
- Letter of support from Program Director stating that the resident is available and able to travel to the ACEP20 competition if selected
- Signed release waiver
- You may submit as many applications as you’d like
Letter of support and photo release waiver can be submitted with your first application only; no need to submit copies with each subsequent application.
EMRA’s Education Committee members review and score applications. Fifteen competitors will be elected to present at ACEP20.
This Event is Sponsored by