20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition
The next 20 in 6 Resident Lecture competition takes place at ACEP20 in Dallas, TX. Watch for details as they unfold here!
WHEN : October 2020 (Date TBD)
WHERE : Dallas, TX in conjunction with ACEP20
2019 20 in 6 Resident Lecturers
- Madeline Brockberg, MD, Boston Medical Center
- Janina Gregorski, MD, Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
- Reid Haflich, MD, Denver Health
- Austin Lee, MD, MPH, UVA
- James Mattson, MD, New York Presbyterian
- Mary McLean, MD, St. Johns-Riverside
- Tim Montrief, MD, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Landon Mueller, MD, VCU
- Janel Paukovits, MD, University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center/Case Western
- Joshua Ring, MD, Duke
- Elizabeth Rubin, MD, Mount Sinai, Miami Beach
- Monica Sethi,MD, Mount Sinai, NY
- Ryan Tsuchida, MD, University of Michigan-St. Joe’s
- Aadil Vora, DO, Emory
- Bassam Zahid, MD, Stony Brook
- First Place: Tim Montrief - Jackson Memorial Hospital, “Breaking Bad: Harm Reduction in the E.D.”
- Second Place: : Janel Paukovits - University Hospital, “Out of pocket, out of luck!”
- Third Place: Madeline Brockberg - Boston Medical Center, “Do I Sound Like A Girl?”
- Must be a resident at the time of the live competition (4th year medical students may apply; graduating seniors are not eligible)
- Must be an active EMRA member
- You may apply if you were not selected as a speaker in previous years' competitions. Feel free to resubmit your previous topic or submit a new one
Sorry, if you were a speaker at last year’s event, you are not eligible to compete this year.
EMRA is unable to assist contestants with expenses to this competition.
- Online submission form that includes a written summary of the proposed topic (less than 250 words) and up to three written objectives for the lecture
- Letter of support from Program Director stating that the resident is available and able to travel to the ACEP20 competition if selected
- Signed release waiver
- You may submit as many applications as you’d like
Letter of support and photo release waiver can be submitted with your first application only; no need to submit copies with each subsequent application.
EMRA’s Education Committee members review and score applications. Fifteen competitors will be elected to present at ACEP20.
This Event is Sponsored by