20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition
The EMRA 20 in 6 Resident Lecture Competition occurs at ACEP’s Scientific Assembly every year and is hosted by residents, for residents. We seek out the best resident speakers in the country and each year, they compete for the title “Best Resident Lecturer.” Residents are given up to six minutes and exactly 20 slides to lecture on any topic that is relevant to emergency medicine. It’s designed to be a fast-paced, intellectually-stimulating event in a fun, EMRA-style atmosphere.
When: Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Time: 5 - 7 pm Eastern
2023 Lecturers at ACEP23
- Anis Adnani, MD, University of Illinois - Chicago: "Profit over Patients - Corporate Influence in Emergency Medicine"
- Mohanad Alazzeh, MD, Stanford University: "Tracheostomy Airway Emergencies"
- Julie Clemmensen, DO, St. Barnabas Hospital Health System Bronx: "Probe on the Pulse: Ultrasound in Cardiac Arrest"
- Justin Doroshenko, DO, M.Ed., UT Health San Antonio: "Training to Failure"
- John D. Escobedo, MD, Texas Tech University Health Science Center - Lubbock: "Emergent Evaluation of the Fifth High Risk Patient Population: Emergency Department Observations Regarding Madness and Melancholy"
- Ochan Kwon, MD, St. Barnabas Hospital Health System Bronx: "Hit the Target: Diagnosing Pediatric Appendicitis in the Emergency Department"
- Kelsey Morgan, MD, UT Southwestern/Parkland: "HIV Patients and Chasing Zebras"
- Travis Odom, DO, Baylor University Medical Center: "Misoprostol - Providing safe, legal healthcare during miscarriage"
- Juhi Varshney, MD, The University of Miami/Jackson Health System: "Making Better Mistakes"