See Zebras at Case-Con at ACEP
You know that puzzling case that has intrigued you since you started medical school? How about tackling a little research and presenting it at Case-Con! Students and residents come together to present interesting emergency medicine cases.
Medical Student Case-con presentations: Sunday - October 25, 2020
Resident Case-Con presentaitons: Tuesday - October 27, 2020
- Deadline for Abstract submission: July 15, 2020
- Selection process: July 16, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- Notification of abstract selection: August 3, 2020
- Deadline for poster draft: October 1, 2020
What is Case-Con?
Case-Con is a poster presentation contest of interesting/notable emergency medicine cases. Presentations will include a 5-minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of group discussion. Presentations will be judged by a panel of EM residents and faculty. Three winners will be selected from each group of students and residents.
Guide for Presenters
- Authors are asked to submit a word document (3000 character limit) with a description of their proposed case presentation.
- Subtitles to include:
- Case Description
- Discussion (with notable learning points)
- Authors selected for case presentation will then submit a .pdf version of their case presentation poster.
- Presentations will be judged based on the Case-Con Rubric.
Abstract submissions and presentation rubrics will be used to select abstracts for the competition and during the competition by the judges.
Topics of Interest
- Uncommon presentations of common illnesses
- Interesting (de-identified) clinical pictures
- Any case that you think has an interesting teaching point
- Novel treatments / techniques