Bring Your Case to Case-Con at ACEP20
You know that puzzling case that has intrigued you throughout medical school or residency? How about tackling a little research and presenting it at Case-Con! Students and residents come together to present interesting emergency medicine cases.
Do you want to present an interesting Emergency Medicine case at one of the largest EM national conferences? Are you looking for a way to strengthen your EM residency application or your CV? Are you interested in a chance to win a cash prize?
Where: ACEP20 Scientific Assembly - Dallas, COCompete Now!
- Deadline for Abstract submission: June 14, 2020
- Selection process: June 15, 2020 - July 15, 2020
- Notification of abstract selection: August 1, 2020
- Deadline for poster draft: October 1, 2020
What is Case-Con?
Case-Con is a poster presentation contest of interesting/notable emergency medicine cases. Presentations will include a 5-minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of group discussion. Presentations will be judged by a panel of EM residents and faculty. Three winners will be selected and awarded cash prizes!
Guide for Presenters
- Authors are asked to submit a word document (3000 character limit) with a description of their proposed case presentation.
- Subtitles to include:
- Case Description
- Discussion (with notable learning points)
- Authors selected for case presentation will then submit a .pdf version of their case presentation poster.
- Presentations will be judged based on the Case-Con Rubric.
Topics of Interest
- Uncommon presentations of common illnesses
- Interesting (de-identified) clinical pictures
- Any case that you think has an interesting teaching point
- Novel treatments / techniques
- First place: $250
- Second place: $150
- Third place: $100