Case-Con 2018 - Winners
A huge success! Thank you to the 20 medical students that came out to present this year at our inaugural case study presentation contest. Congratulations to our 2018 winners, who we hope to feature in an upcoming edition of EM Resident:
- First Place: Parth S Gandhi (Broward Health Medical Center) presenting “Lost in The Forest” – A Rare Case of Forestier’s Disease (Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis)
- Second Place: Alex Gregory (St. Louis University) presenting "Eggs Marks the Spot”: The Diagnostic Dilemma of In Vitro Fertilization-Associated Emergencies
- Third Place: Brendan Innes (University of Massachusetts) "Alcoholic Ketoacidosis: Mind the Gap and Give Patients What They Need"
What is Case-Con?
Case-Con is a poster presentation contest of interesting/notable emergency medicine cases. Presentations will include a 5-minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of group discussion. Presentations will be judged by a panel of EM residents and faculty. Three winners will be selected and awarded cash prizes!
Guide for Presenters
- Authors are asked to submit a word document (3000 character limit) with a description of their proposed case presentation.
- Subtitles to include:
- Case Description
- Discussion (with notable learning points)
- Authors selected for case presentation will then submit a .pdf version of their case presentation poster.
- Presentations will be judged based on the Case-Con Rubric.
- Deadline for Abstract submission: July 15, 2018
- Selection process: July 16, 2018 - July 31, 2018
- Notification of abstract selection: August 2, 2018
- Deadline for poster draft: September 15, 2018
Topics of Interest
- Uncommon presentations of common illnesses
- Interesting (de-identified) clinical pictures
- Any case that you think has an interesting teaching point
- Novel treatments / techniques
- First place: $250
- Second place: $150
- Third place: $100