Bring Your Case to Case-Con at ACEP18
Do you want to present an interesting Emergency Medicine case at one of the largest EM national conferences in the country? Are you looking for a way to strengthen your EM residency application? Are you interested in a chance to win a cash prize?
Where: ACEP18 Scientific Assembly - San Diego, CA
When: Monday, October 1, 2018: 10a - 12
What is Case-Con?
Case-Con is poster presentation contest of interesting/notable emergency medicine cases. Presentations will include a 5-minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of group discussion. Presentations will be judged by a panel of EM residents and faculty. Three winners will be selected and awarded cash prizes!
Guide for Presenters
- Authors are asked to submit a word document (3000 character limit) with a description of their proposed case presentation.
- Subtitles to include:
- Case Description
- Discussion (with notable learning points)
- Authors selected for case presentation will then submit a .pdf version of their case presentation poster.
- Presentations will be judged based on the Case-Con Rubric.
- Deadline for Abstract submission: July 15, 2018
- Selection process: July 16, 2018 - July 31, 2018
- Notification of abstract selection: August 2, 2018
- Deadline for poster draft: September 15, 2018
Topics of Interest
- Uncommon presentations of common illnesses
- Interesting (de-identified) clinical pictures
- Any case that you think has an interesting teaching point
- Novel treatments / techniques
- First place: $250
- Second place: $150
- Third place: $100