Case-Con 2019 - Winners
A huge success! Thank you to the 30 participants. This year we expanded to include 2 groups of competitors of medical students residents that came out to present this year at our second annual case study presentation contest. Congratulations to our 2019 winners, who we hope to feature in an upcoming edition of EM Resident.
New for 2019
This year we have expanded Case-Con to include Residents. There will be 15 Medical Students and 15 Residents to display and compete this year.
What is Case-Con?
Case-Con is a poster presentation contest of interesting/notable emergency medicine cases. Presentations will include a 5-minute presentation followed by 2 minutes of group discussion. Presentations will be judged by a panel of EM residents and faculty. Three winners will be selected and awarded cash prizes!
Guide for Presenters
- Authors are asked to submit a word document (3000 character limit) with a description of their proposed case presentation.
- Subtitles to include:
- Case Description
- Discussion (with notable learning points)
- Authors selected for case presentation will then submit a .pdf version of their case presentation poster.
- Presentations will be judged based on the Case-Con Rubric.
Topics of Interest
- Uncommon presentations of common illnesses
- Interesting (de-identified) clinical pictures
- Any case that you think has an interesting teaching point
- Novel treatments / techniques
- First place: $250
- Second place: $150
- Third place: $100