EMRA Rep to NIAID Advisory Board Application
Are you interested and have experience in COVID-19 care innovations and implementation in the ED?
EMRA is seeking an appointee to an Advisory Board for a 4 year grant awarded to ACEP by the NIH/NIAID which will be executed in partnership with RAND.
We are looking for applicants who are familiar with:
- Implementing new care and innovations in hospital Emergency Departments during the pandemic, and
- The guidance and communications issued by professional societies such as EMRA and others that medical residents are likely to access for COVID-19 care in EDs.
See more information about the study and Advisory Board below.
Deadline for applications is September 14.
The major goals of this study are to analyze the dissemination and implementation of care innovations for COVID-19 in hospital emergency departments (EDs) and to identify strategies to optimize diffusion of care innovations during pandemic and other rapidly evolving public health emergencies. Specific aims include (1) analyzing the dissemination of care innovations for COVID-19 to ED clinicians through social media and other key communication channels, (2) examining the implementation and de-implementation of COVID-19 care innovations within hospital ED settings, and (3) identifying strategies for both disseminators and implementers to improve the diffusion of new practices during COVID-19 and similar public health emergencies.
The Advisory Board would meet approximately quarterly for the 4 years of the project, with an honorarium of $3000 per year as a gesture of appreciation.
Other experts on the board include Emergency physician, nurse, NP, PA, respiratory therapy, and ID experts. Main roles include helping identify key COVID-related care innovations and communication channels for ED professionals, feedback on study design and interpretation of results, and later in the project, assisting with recommendations to improve the diffusion of care innovations and dissemination of findings. This is an important project to showcase emergency physicians rapid response to COVID-19.
EMRA Nominee Submission Deadline: September 14
Each submitted nomination must include:
- What relevant experience would you bring to this appointment? (<400 words)
- How does this opportunity fit with your career interests and goals? (<300 words)
- Attestation: If chosen to represent EMRA in this position, I commit to serving on this Advisory board for the next 4 years including quarterly meetings and associated preparation and quarterly updates to the EMRA Board of Directors. I understand that there is no additional funding for this position outside of the honorarium.
- Optional: Letter of recommendation
Aug 31, 2019
Nicole Battaglioli, MD, FAWM
As outgoing ALiEM Wellness Think Tank COO, Nicole Battaglioli has devoted considerable time and brainpower to defining and improving resident wellness. Along with being an Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine, Dr. Battaglioli is the CEO/founder of Komorebi Coaching, lover of wilderness medicine, and promoter of super-sheroes.