Join us! Interested in learning more about the Wellness Committee? Send us an email at email@example.com and join our Committee!
- Assist the EMRA Board of Directors in planning activities for the first ever Wellness Week, January 2016.
- Compose, distribute, and collect a survey on resident wellness. To include two versions: (1) to program leadership surveying what they already do for resident wellness in their program as well as challenges they face in creating resident wellness, and (2) to residents asking about their perceptions on wellness in residency, barriers to wellness, and what they feel would be helpful in fostering wellness.
- Based on the results of this research, draft an EMRA Wellness Toolkit to be posted on the website and serve as a “best practices” model for residencies in developing wellness curriculums.
- Contribute to wellness column in EM Resident magazine & monthly wellness tips in What’s Up in EM newsletter.
- Collect materials to help build EMRA’s Wellness Committee webpage, complete with a collection of high-yield, useful, engaging pieces on resident / physician wellness that our members will find useful.
- Establish an online Wellness Forum — a virtual space for residents and students to talk to each other, identified or anonymously, to process tough cases, relate to each other’s struggles, ask for and offer advice, etc.
- In all things, actively contribute to a culture shift in EM centered on wellness, with the aim of creating a community of physicians who view prioritizing wellness as a strength instead of a weakness and are willing to openly share their experiences and support each other.
Wellness Resources and Articles