Taryn Webb, MD
Taryn Webb, MD
- Assist the EMRA Board of Directors in planning activities for every Wellness Week.
- Continue to update the EMRA Wellness Toolkit to be posted on the website and serve as a “best practices” model for residencies in developing wellness curriculums.
- Contribute to wellness column in EM Resident magazine & monthly wellness tips in What’s Up in EM newsletter.
- Liaise amongst the other organizations (ACEP, CORD, etc) to strengthen residency wellness and be the residency voice in those organizations.
- Continue to collect materials to help build EMRA’s Wellness Committee webpage, complete with a collection of high-yield, useful, engaging pieces on resident / physician wellness that our members will find useful.
- Establish an online Wellness Forum — a virtual space for residents and students to talk to each other, identified or anonymously, to process tough cases, relate to each other’s struggles, ask for and offer advice, etc.
- Participate in EMRA Hangouts.
- Continue with annual activities at CORD Academic Assembly, similar to the 2018 event, EMRA Art Therapy Experience.
- In all things, actively contribute to a culture shift in EM centered on wellness, with the aim of creating a community of physicians who view prioritizing wellness as a strength instead of a weakness and are willing to openly share their experiences and support each other.
Residency is one of the most challenging times in the career of a physician. In addition to the stressors of working in a fast-paced, high-acuity, and information-poor setting, emergency medicine (EM) residents also have limited autonomy when it comes to shift scheduling, clinical responsibilities, and even financial support. Our vision was to create an on-the-go and easy-to-use resource tailored for EM residents, who may not have the time or experience to know where to find answers to questions like, “How can I make my night shifts more bearable?” or “How do I recover and continue to take care of patients after a bad case?”Download Now
ACEP Wellness Section
As a resident, you get joint memberships in both EMRA and ACEP - so make sure you're aware and informed of what the ACEP Wellness Section is doing!
When you set up your EMRA/ACEP membership, you get (2) section memberships for free - one to YPS, and one of your choice. Why not make that choice Wellness?
Additional ACEP section fees are half off - only $20!Learn More
Emergency Medicine Wellness Week
Each year, we want you to take time out for yourself and to recharge. The long hours and difficult days make it even more important to take time for your own wellness.Wellness Week