Your life has never been busier, but you’re driven by the need to help others – it’s why you do what you do. We get it because we’ve been there too. You can rely on us to help you every step of the way, so you can easily find the resources, mentors, and connections you need to succeed.
Why do we do it? Because caring about others is who we are, and that means we care about you too.
EMRA is the oldest and largest resident organization in the world. Founded in 1974, we help our 16,000+ resident, medical student, fellow, and alumni members become:
- The best doctors they can be, through our clinical books, cards, apps, EM Resident & EMRA*Cast,
- The best leaders they can be, by funding 20 committees, hundreds of national leadership roles and awards, and a 200 person Leadership Academy, and
- Help EM become the best specialty it can be, through advocacy with Representative Council, Electives, Fellowships, and our Health Policy Academy
We invite you to join us and support our mission to stand up for the value of EM training & EM residency.
The Emergency Medicine Residents' Association is the voice of emergency medicine physicians-in-training and the future of our specialty.
November 6, 1974
Resident, Fellow, and Student dues include the price of ACEP membership
- Resident $105**
- Fellow $105**
- Student $60**
- Alumni $99
- International $25 (EMRA only)
** Plus any applicable ACEP chapter dues
Join EMRA / Renew Membership
Members must be interns, residents or fellows who are in training in emergency medicine or critical care. Medical students (allopathic and osteopathic) are encouraged to join the Association. Membership eligibility extends after completion of a residency or fellowship with the Alumni category of membership.
Regular members (interns, residents, fellows, and alumni) and candidate members (students) must also be members of the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP).
The Association is directed by a fourteen-member resident Board of Directors. The Board of Directors consists of four officers (President, President-Elect, Immediate Past President/Treasurer, Secretary); the Speaker and Vice Speaker of the Council; five at-large directors, and three ex-officio members (ACGME RC-EM Representative, EMRA Rep to the AMA and Member At Large). The Board of Directors (except for the ex-officio members) is elected by the membership at the fall Representative Council Meeting.
4950 W. Royal Lane
Irving, TX 75063
EMRA offices are located in the ACEP Building
866.566.2492 Toll Free
Copies of EMRA’s 990 tax filings are available upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org
The EMRA office will be closed the following days in 2021:
- New Year's Day - Friday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - Monday, January 18
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 31
- Fourth of July – Monday, July 5
- Labor Day – Monday, September 6
- Thanksgiving Day - Thursday, November 25
- Day after Thanksgiving – Friday, November 26
- Christmas Eve – Friday, December 24
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 27
- New Year's Day 2022 - Friday, December 31
EMRA Links Policy
Please review the EMRA policy on linking to and from EMRA web sites.Links Policy
EMRA Social Media Policy
Please review the EMRA policy on social media posts and content.Social Media Policy